INDUSTRIAL SPACES AND CHANGES IN INDUSTRIAL PRODUCTION
The factors that influence the industrial locations include the existence of raw materials energy sources, workers, consumers and means of transport.
Industrial space can be:
- a) Dispersed with isolated industries
- b) Grouped in industrial and technology parks.
- Industrial parks are industrial areas on the outskirts of a city with factories, industrial plants, warehouses, services and transport links, mostly for light industry.
- Technological parks are industrial areas dedicated to high technology, research, development and innovation with low environmental impact.
Industry is concentrated in the areas with the greatest economic development, like the United States, Japan, China, the European Union and Russia.
There have been important changes in industry:
- Changes in the processes of industrial production like the use of robots in the assembly lines and the use of communications networks (internet and intranet)
- Constant innovations: the technology and its application in industry are evolving continuously (RDI or Research, development and innovation)
- New materials that make it possible to manufacture more ecological and better quality products.
WORKSHEETS TO PRACTICE:
VIDEOS TO REVIEW: